Monday, November 16, 2009

What's in a Name?


So we have gotten alot of questions and comments about Bowen's name. So we thought we would take a moment to explain. Bowen is a last name that we have seen several places and love it. I had a friend in high school with the last name. Some good friends of our named their little boy Rhyder after one of our favorite Texas music artists, Brandon Rhyder(see previou post). So that made us start thinking about what we wanted to name our son, and it be something that was important in our lives and represented his parents well. So of course Justin wanted to name him Daytona, lol. That got nixed quick! haha. We then started thinking about Texas music artists as well, and all we got was names we couldn't use like Larue and Roger. So we gave up on that idea and had a list going of names that we both liked, including Carson(it had car, hah), Aiden, Jacob, and Blaine. I jokingly said one day the we could name our son Bowen, and then we both laughed. But over the next few days we both grew to like it and our name list got shorter and shorter. We narrowed it down to Aiden, and Bowen. I have always loved Aiden, and I wish it wasn't so darn popular right now! We finally settled on Bowen after I started calling him
"Bowen bear".
As far as his middle name goes, it was always going to be Matthew. For several reasons actually. First of all, after my cousin Matthew (who I felt was like my brother) who is no longer with us. Secondly, I like the idea that all of our initials are JMS, KMS, and BMS. We will definitely try and keep that tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment